6. Social Media & Organizational Objectives
- Identifying Organizational Objectives
- Working with Clients
- Separating Organizational Objectives from Other Wants, Needs & Desires
Team members will provide a brief (about 5 minutes) informal status report in class. This report should outline:
- results of initial meeting with project client
- issues and concerns
- next step for project team
This will be followed by an in-class discussion. This in-class status report will be an opportunity for team members to learn from the experience of other teams.
Assignment 6: Social Media & Organizational Objectives
Due Date: See Google Calendar
Search the web to find online information on social media and their linkage to business objectives. Write 250 to 350 words that:
- summarize the information you found (include at least one “blockquote” — but the blockquote doesn’t count towards the number of words you need to write)
- state your thoughts about why understanding business objectives is important to a social media campaign
Tweet your blog post (making sure to include a link to the blog post and the “#buad6303” hash tag.
NOTE: The assignment below is a team assignment. All members of the team must participate in creating the assigned report.
Team Assignment 1: Write & Submit Report from Client Meetings
Due Date: Check Google Calendar
Each team will compile a 2 to 3 page business style report listing the business objectives and a summary of the overall marketing strategy. This information will be used to help formulate the social media strategy.