7. Target Audience Identification & Analysis
Topics (Week 7)
- Audience Identification Process
- Step 1: Brainstorm
- Step 2: Refine
- Step 3: Prioritize
- Step 4: Research
- Demographic Profiles
- Psychographic Profiles
- Geographic Profiles
- Behavior Profiles
- The End of Demographics: How Marketers Are Going Deeper With Personal Data (Blog post)
- Developing My Customer Profile (Worksheet)
- Subscribers, Fans & Followers: The Social Profile (Report #3)
Brainstorm Potential Audience Groups
Brainstorm all of the potential audience groups (e.g. high school students, transfer students, etc.) that might be targeted for the class projects.
This brainstorming activity should identify as many potential audience groups as possible. At this stage of the process, do not exclude groups.
This activity should take about 10 to 15 minutes.